Rules And Regulations
- Student must fill in a library membership application form in order to become a member.
- Submit library membership card at circulation counter when borrowing books.
- The membership card is not transferable and must be surrendered to the librarian at the end of the program to get a clearance.
- A lost card will be replaced by a new one for a fee of Rs.100/-.
- Students can borrow two books for one week duration.
- Books can be reissued only once.
- There is a fine of Rs.25/- per day for an overdue book.
- Current price is to be paid by the library members for a lost/damaged library book.
- Reference books, Journals, Reports cannot be borrowed.
- Briefcases, Handbags, Personal Belongings, Binders, files etc. must be left outside the library at owners on responsibility.
- If a library book is taken out through the electronic security door, without getting issued, he/she will pay a penalty of Rs.1000/- and/ or liable to disciplinary action.
- Photocopy of whole book is not allowed.
- Silence must be observed all the times.
- Keep mobiles on silent mood, receiving the phone calls is strictly prohibited in the library and there is a penalty of Rs. 500/- if a member is found using the mobile.
- Holding meetings and group discussion is allowed only in Cubicles with prior booking.
- A student will be sent to disciplinary committee if he/she breaks any of the above rules or misbehaves with library staff or fellow students.
- Lockers have been provided for the convenience of the students and all valuables should be kept in the locker at their own risk.
The Library welcomes the use of the conference rooms (capacity 12) for group discussion. Conference rooms are available during regular Library hours. Meetings need to end 15 minutes prior to the library closing time. Library also has 4 cabins for faculty to accommodate 8 faculty members.
Reservations may be made on first come first serve basis.
One person must assume responsibility for any meeting, providing a name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number, as well as the full name of the department, purpose of the meeting, time desired and the number of persons expected.
The user is responsible for tidying all areas used, and is expected to leave the facility in the same condition as found. The individual who completes the registration form will be held responsible for any damage.
Noise should be minimized in the conference room and discussions must not disturb / interfere with regular Library users & service.
The rooms must be locked when vacated and the key returned to the Circulation Counter.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in denial of use.